Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome....

This is an introduction to "Abstract Canvas," a blog covering many issues related to art as an industry, art community and organizations and historical fun facts.

About me:
I am a student thrusting myself into the world of art. I fell in love with the study of art history several years ago, and my interests have since blossomed and branched into related areas. I've long been a part of volunteer-based and non-profit community organizations, and believe strongly that communication and culture is key to building a strong, cohesive community. I'm fascinated with the idea of using art as a tool (or medium!) to bring people together.

With this blog, I'm hoping to learn more about the industry of art, discover new ways that we can use art to create stronger communities, and maybe teach something along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment